1. Well, the fairy tale form is so old that it can withstand this horrible bland commodifying.
2. At least there are lots of female characters!
3. It's just a story. [Note: this does not work]
4. The wicked stepmother/sea witch/bad fairy is actually an example of a powerful woman character, sort of. Almost.
5. The dresses are nice.
6. The male characters are essentially irrelevant, and that sort of makes these stories almost feminist, in a way, right?
7. No, it doesn't.
8. Gee, that old-time animation is really aesthetically amazing.
9. Well, Mulan and Jasmine aren't exactly white, so they're almost trying to be inclusive! Almost.
10. My children will use these images as something to rebel against later.
Universal antidote: lots of this.