1. There was a line to get into the library this morning at 9:45am. A line. It opened at 10, and the line was mostly made up of women with strollers looking unhappy.
2. I'm having overly emotional responses to books right now—Rage! Joy! Resentment!—and I don't know how to make it stop. It's generally directed at the authors for some reason. Maybe if I read something that is unattributed, it will get me out of it.
3. I have determined beyond doubt that blueberries really enhance a salad. NOT dried blueberries though.
4. I got A God in Ruins for mother's day, and I'm saving it up like it's a super special chocolate. I don't know what will make me break through this feeling and actually read it. I am afraid I will respond weirdly to it (see #2).
5. I reread The Golden Compass, which I loved when I read it the first time, and I was…not as impressed this time. Maybe it's me?
6. It is my duty to make the list of books, which my book group will winnow down to one selected book, and I don't know what to put on it. Suggestions?
7. I love John D. MacDonald beyond reason (or did when I read all the Travis McGee books), but I am afraid to reread them because his sexism/homophobia/another-time-ism feels like it might be too much for me right now. Except I really want to read them again.
8. What is up with you, my fellow readers?